In my previous blog post I explained which fabrics are suitable for pet clothes and what you should know about them, but before buying any garments, there is one more important detail – measurements. I get a lot of questions about this, so I decided to explain it step by step.
There are three main areas where to measure your dog and those are: Neck, girth (chest) and body length.
- Start with a neck: measure around the neck, where a collar would normally sit, not too tight.
- Second measurement should be the chest (girth). You should measure around the widest part of a dog’s chest, which is right behind the front legs.
- And the last one is body length. You should measure how long your dog’s back is, starting from the neck (where the collar normally sit) until the base of the tail.
ATTENTION! It is very important not measure the dog too tight. Always measure while imagining how tight or loose the clothing would be, it should never be too tight. If you are hesitating between two sizes, always choose a bigger one.
Once you are done with the measurements, the last step is to check the sizing chart of the garment that you want to purchase. „ Alice’s Boutique“ sizing charts presents the measurements of the CLOTHING. We have three standard sizes: XS, S and M. There are measurements written next to each of these sizes, you just have to choose which size is the most similar to the measurements of your dog.
Just to have a clearer image, I have listed a few dog breeds and which clothing sizes would be suitable according to the size of the dog:
- XS: Chihuahua, Teacup breeds, tiny puppies, Teacup Pomeranian, Teacup Yorkshire Terrier.
- S: Teacup Pomeranian, Maltese, Teacup Yorkshire Terrier.
- M: Maltese, Pomeranian, Chinese Crested Dog, Russian Toy Terrier, Miniature Pincher.
However, these are just examples, even if you see your dog’s breed in this list, the best way to ensure that you will get a perfect size is by measuring your dog.
Perhaps you have a unique shaped dog? That is not a problem at all! „Alice’s Boutique“ team will be happy to make your chosen garments custom-made specially for your pet! The only thing that you have to do is email us at: email@example.com or call us: +34637424891.
I hope after this blog post it will be much easier to choose clothing sizes for your dog!